Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Year's Party Challenge #14 at Decorate to Celebrate/Design Team Project

It is time for a new challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.  This challenge is all about New Year's Party Decorations.  Be sure to check out all of the projects by the design team and enter your own project here: http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/.  Remember to create a new project and link back to DTC in your post. 

For my project today, I decided to make some toasting glasses with a little treat.  I started out by picking up some champagne glasses and ribbon at the Dollar Tree.  I filled the glasses with Hershey Kisses, because the silver color worked well with my theme and I was thinking about it being a play on the kiss at midnight for New Year's also.  I used black vinyl and the Don Juan Cricut Cartridge to cut the 2012 to put on the front of the glasses.  Then, I tied the ribbon around the base of my glasses and then used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cartridge to cut a tag and the Wild Card Cartridge and more black vinyl to cut the sentiment for the tag.  I simply threaded the tag up onto my ribbon that was attached to the glass to finish these off.  I think they will make great treats for New Year's!


These cups were also featured on: http://www.allfreeholidaycrafts.com/

9 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Fun & fabulous for New Years!!!!

Amy said...

Great job & use of vinyl!!! Love the festive glasses :)Amy

Unknown said...

So cool and festive!

Rhonda Emery said...

great idea and very festive for new years

Norma said...

Hi Jean, super cute project and great to mass produce!! Love them:)
Hugs

Lisa said...

These are so awesome, Jean!! I love the use of the Kisses!! So creative and fabulous!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are super festive!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Carol's Creations said...

Very cool glasses and excellant idea to play up the "midnight kisses."

Audrey Frelx said...

These look great!